Nod Shooter Demo for GearVR
Samsung GearVR and Samsung Galaxy Note4
Initial setup instructions:
- Download the Nod app for Android:
- Join the Nod Alpha Testers Google Groups: http://nod.co/join (Approval is automatic, go to the next step)
- Download the App from http://nod.co/app
- Once you have downloaded the App, future updates are automatic.
- Download Nod demo apk and install on your Note4
A. Launching the demo:
- Ensure that your Nod ring is fully charged and awake. Connect to Nod ring from Settings inside the Nod App (more detailed instructions can be found at: http://dev.nod.com/docs/innovator-kit/).
- For Backspin: https://nod.com/developers/getting-started/backspin-startup-guide/
Before attempting to connect, make sure the Nod ring is awake and advertising (you can test this by tapping the side of the ring and check that the red light shows up – Figure 1)
If you do not see a red light, hit a tactile (Figure 2) on the ring to wake it up.
- Launch the Nod shooter demo (Nod GV Shooter2) app
- Insert Note4 into your GearVR for playing the demo game
B. Playing instructions:
- Wear the ring as shown in the Figure 3 with the side showing the red LED facing away from you.
- When the app launches, make sure that your index finger is fully extended and pointing directly at the computer screen.
- Ensure that your index finger is fully extended and parallel to the side of the HMD and press the reset button (Figure 4).
- While playing, if you want to reset the game, then you can press the reset button as explained above.
- Move your arm around and ensure that the weapon in GearVR moves accordingly.
- Contact the touch surface (one near the thumb – Figure 5) to shoot from the weapon.
- Touch the slider (Figure 6) on the ring to move forward in the scene
- Press the top tactile button (Figure 7) to go back in the scene
- The movements forward and backward are relative to the direction you are facing.
- To cycle through different weapons, touch the shoot button (Figure 5) and then rotate your wrist clockwise (or counter clockwise) (Figure 8).
- Please note that you can shoot in gangster style by rotating your wrist.
- To quit the demo app, press home button
- To disconnect the ring, open the Nod app, tap settings, tap on the connected Nod and press “Disconnect”.